Sunday, June 15, 2008

Saturday June 14th

On this day, I became a --- Tri-athlete

There were no goals, no expectations, just a fantastic day in beautiful Lake Shawnee Park in Topeka, culminating in finishing my first triathlon. I don't know my time, not sure I ever want to look, the satisfaction alone of completing this event was extremely rewarding.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with beer in one hand, fine cigar in the other, relaxing on my deck, celebrating the fact that I am a Tri-athlete. Boy, I just love saying that!

Thanks so much to everyone who wished me well. I'll have a race report once I have more time.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

WOOHOO! Congrats my running friend on your triathalon! Keep up the great work!
Michelle

Doug said...

Congratulations....that was my first tri a few years ago also. It is a very nice one.

JWC said...

Congrats Rich - that is awesome!

Lily on the Road said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, good for you!

Congrats!! You're upping your resume!!! Good JOB...