Saturday, August 23, 2008

Laughable

Everybody needs a good laugh now and then. We, at times, will go to great lengths to get a good laugh. People flock to read humorous blogs like Nitmos or The D just for a smile. We all make fun of the boss at work, I'll even degrade myself just for a laugh.

Go ahead, laugh! Someone has done a study that shows that 10-15 minutes of laughing burns about 50 calories. Anyone who has had a strained diaphragm knows how much the abs and core muscles are involved in laughing…so that’s exercise!

So, the other day, I stepped out of my normal routine and threw my wife a curveball. A spontaneous moment found me clicking "Purchase" on the flat screen at work. The result; tickets to go see Jim Gaffigan at the Midland Theatre in KC.

Please don't tell my boss I did this at work, she won't see the humor!


4 comments:

Michelle said...

Jim Gaffigan, so do you want to hear something really funny??? I have never heard of Jim Gaffigan before! I hope that makes you laugh KC!!

M

Cool though that you hit the purchase button at work no less!!!

Ms. V. said...

I love me some hot pockets.

Nitmos said...

Darn, Ms. V got to my comment first. Gaffigan is funny.

If employers cared what we did at work, I would have been fired a long time ago.

Lily on the Road said...

Now I'm going to have to check out JG....

Way to stick it to the man, purchasing tickets while at work, good job.